RP Tronix, Whittier, California
Visit Website >>
12450 Whittier Blvd.
Whittier, CA 90602
Monday: Open: 08:00 am Close: 05:30 pm
Tuesday: Open: 08:30 am Close: 05:30 pm
Wednesday: Open: 08:00 am Close: 05:30 pm
Thursday: Open: 08:00 am Close: 05:30 pm
Friday: Open: 08:00 am Close: 05:30 pm
Promotions and Discounts for RNA Users:
Always show and mention Ride North America when purchasing equipment and receive 10% off on all RP Tronix equipment.
Manufacturer of Extreme Sports Video Cameras & Accessories!
The Primo HD Xtreme™ by RP Tronix® is the most advanced and complete action sports camera system available today and comes complete with mounts, remote control and an industry leading 2 year warranty.
Did you know the Primo HD Xtreme™ kit includes an LCD View Screen to preview and also review everything that you capture! Yes, this is included! Also the Primo HD Xtreme™ is one of the only Action Sports Cameras that have a targeting laser to make sure you get the most accurate footage you desire!
Did you also know that Rivera Primo Inc. has been in business for more than 40 years! Rivera Primo Inc is the parent company to RP Tronix, supporting development and future possibilities.
Here is what you need to know about RP Tronix!
1. When I buy the Primo HD Xtreme™, is the LCD Display, External Batteries & Remote Control included?
Yes standard features include: Detachable LCD display screen, 300 ft. rated protective waterproof case, wireless remote control, 2 high-capacity rechargeable lithium batteries, laser photo aiming tool, 10x digital zoom, 170°extra-large wide-angle lens, built-in microphone and more.
2. I already have an extreme sports video camera; will I be able to use the accessories from that camera on the Primo HD Xtreme™?
Accessories like tripods that attach to the tripod mount will be compatible. Some other accessories may also be compatible. To make sure the accessories you have are completely compatible please contact us with specific details on the accessories in question and we will try to help you determine if the other camera equipment will be usable with your new Primo HD Xtreme™.
3. I have a charger at home that is capable of charging lithium batteries of the same size used by the Primo HD Xtreme™; can I use it to charge the batteries that are supplied with the PHDX?
Yes, you can use it, but it is always recommended that you use the charger made by RP Tronix® for charging the batteries used in the PHDX. To avoid damage to batteries and possible voiding of warranty you should always use RP Tronix® equipment designed for the Primo HD Xtreme™.
4. Is a Micro SD memory card include with the purchase of a Primo HD Xtreme™?
The PHDX has 8GB of built in flash memory but additional memory storage cards must be purchased separately. The minimum quality of Micro SD card to use is Class 4, but If your video footage is of value to you then you should use at least a Class 6 card. We however, highly recommend using nothing but a Class 10 card.
5. What size memory Micro SD Card does the Primo HD Xtreme™ support?
The maximum size Micro SD memory card that can be used in your Primo HD Xtreme™ is 64GB. Make sure to format any external memory card in your PHDX camera. Do not format the internal memory of the camera itself.
6. Why is it better to use brand name Micro SD memory cards of higher classes?
Brand name cards are generally more reliably manufactured. To protect the once in a lifetime events you may be filming we recommend that you use a minimum Class 10 card. The best memory cards are Class 10 because they record high resolution, high frequency recordings when shooting sequential photos or shooting videos at a high frame rate.
7. What are the advantages of buying a Primo HD Xtreme™ rather than a one of the GoPro Hero series Extreme Sports Video cameras?
The Primo HD Xtreme™ is the result of high tech expertise, high quality materials and manufacture. This Extreme Sports Video Camera shoots at 1080p or 1080i (50/60 fps) and allows you to create high quality still photos or sharp clear videos even in super slow motion. This versatile camera has a variable shooting angle of 120, 145, and 170 degrees. It has an excellent Ultra Sharp lens and the ability to create cyclic recordings which makes it a great camera for black-box functions. The Primo HD Xtreme™ has an external removable display and battery, waterproof cover good to 300 ft. with a flat non-distorting lens. This leading edge camera has a large number of accessories including battery charger and a number of mounting devices. The quality and versatility of this camera along with the large number of included accessories and the low price makes this camera stand head and shoulders above its nearest competitor.
8. How long can the camera shoot when the battery fully charged?
A fully charged internal battery will last up to two and a half hours, with the external battery fully charged and connected total continuous recording time is 5 hours. If the camera is on but not filming then the batteries will last longer. Turning off the LCD viewer will also increase battery life.
9. How do I charge the camera batteries for my RP Tronix® Primo HD Xtreme™?
The camera batteries can be charged with the charger connected through your computers USB port or with it connected to a car adapter or through the AC power adaptor connected to a wall socket.
10. Is the battery charger include when I buy a Primo HD Xtreme™?
Yes, USB cable, 12 volt charger, AC power adaptor and Charger are in the basic package.
11. Can I have the camera's LCD display connected under water?
Yes, the Primo HD Xtreme™ has both a large watertight case that allows you to have the LCD display or external battery connected underwater.
12. Can I use the laser pointer underwater?
Yes, the Primo HD Xtreme’s™ waterproof case allows all normal functions.
13. Is the waterproof case included in the basic Primo HD Xtreme™ package?
The basic Primo HD Xtreme™ package includes the waterproof case.
14. To what depth does the Primo HD Xtreme™ case remain waterproof?
When the case is properly closed and secured the camera has waterproof protection down to approx. 300 ft.
15. For what other purposes can the waterproof case be used?
You should use the waterproof case during bad weather (snow, rain…), or when in situations where it the activity could damage the camera. The case is shock resistant and protects the camera from impact, dropping, dust, etc.
16. Does the waterproof case affect the quality of the photos or videos?
As long as you keep the case free of smudges or scratches it will not affect the quality of the images you create.
17. What format are videos recorded in?
Video is recorded in .MOV (H.264 video compression).
18. Does the Primo HD Xtreme™ have a zoom function?
Yes, the camera has a 10x digital zoom.
2010 Ultimate Builder with Ben Kudon of Rivera Primo
By: digital biker
uploaded on Dec 19, 2010
Ben of Rivera Primo rolls in his Fire Bike at the Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show in Long Beach, CA.